Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lately my family has been giving me guff because I never update my blog. I read other people's blogs and realize I have nothing funny to say.

American Idol has started up again. We always look forward to Jan and the return of American Idol. It's not that the show is so great but we use it as an excuse to get together as a family. It is like a family home evening for the less active Mormons. Last night we ate taco salad and laughed at the antics of those that somehow think they can sing and get upset when someone tells them they can't. Where are these kids MOTHERS? Isn't it a mothers job to tell her children they can do anything in the world they want to do but if they want to sing on national TV they had better be good enough not to embarrass the whole family? (not to mention the people watching) Apparently some mothers missed the memo. When I was young I sang with the church choir and my mother was the choir director. My mother would always ask others to sing the solos in the programs never me. When I asked her why, she told me I didn't have a solo voice, mine was more for a whole choir where I could blend in. I listened and when I was asked (on several occasions) to sing a solo I was so terrified I did badly. So I ask again where are these kids mother????? If everyone had a mother like mine only the kids that really knew how to sing would be on tv and they would be nothing funny about the show at all, so I guess it might be ok that their mothers were different than mine.

3 comments:

Bugs said...

well, i can tell you where my mother is. somewhere singing a solo!!

Alicia W. said...

Jan, you are funny! I am glad you have updated your blog!

Natalie said...

I will tell you where their mothers are! Standing off to the side, or in the wings, with their hands folded up by their faces, and that look that says, "My child is perfect and no I am not living vicariously through them! And you had better not even THINK about badmouthing them, Simon Cowell!"